As an Amatsu Orthopath and Physiotherapist, my work is an essential service, under government regulations, and I will be remaining open to treat clients in need.
To keep us all safe, a few things have changed when visiting for an appointment.
- I will be assessing every client before setting an appointment. If you have any concerns about visiting for a treatment, please let me know and I’m happy to chat with you about them.
- For the safety of everyone, if you have any symptoms, are waiting for a test, or need to self-isolate for any reason (see HSE guidance on self-isolation) I ask that you not visit until you have completed self-isolation and are clear. Any questions, please let me know.
- When you arrive, please wait in your car. You can text me to let me know you are there. I will come out to you when ready.
- During the appointment, I will wear a mask. I am also asking clients to wear a mask. You may bring your own mask, or I will provide you with one.
I am operating in line with HSE and government guidelines, to keep clients and staff safe. I am taking every health precaution, including completing World Health Organisation training in Hand Hygiene, the use of PPE, and responses to respiratory viruses. We also have updated cleaning policy in the clinic, in line with HSE advice.
What is Amatsu Physiotherapy?
Amatsu Physiotherapy is a non-invasive realignment and rebalancing of the body promoting self-healing through the gentle movement of soft tissues, muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, etc.
Treating your whole body and not just the symptoms, Amatsu Physiotherapy combines a combination of different techniques tailored to each individual which can include:
Amatsu Orthopathy and Physiotherapy has its roots in traditional Japanese medicine and is based on the principles of natural movement. During your first session, a detailed personal history is taken so that Donal has a clear idea of the problem.
Amatsu Physiotherapy treats a variety of ailments including:
- Muscular and skeletal problems (joint, postural, nerve and mobility problems, etc)
- Sports and accident-related issues (sprains and strains, tennis elbow, shin splints, whiplash, etc)
- Stress problems (headaches, migraines, and hypertension)
- other disorders (arthritis, IBS, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, etc)
Practicing Amatsu Physiotherapy since 2010, Donal is a fully registered member of the Register of Soft Tissue Therapists of Ireland (ROSTI), Amatsu Therapy Association (A.T.A.) Amatsu Association of Ireland (A.A.I.) and is also a Reiki Master and is ITEC qualified in Holistic Massage.
Physiotherapist, Orthopaedic & Soft Tissue Therapist, Amatsu Orthopath, Injury & Massage Practitioner practicing at The Rathmichael Clinic
My family have been involved in Amatsu for 30+ years. I have studied directly with Dennis Bartram, Principle Teacher and Researcher of Amatsu, who was responsible with Billy Doolan for bringing Amatsu to UK and Ireland. I regularly engage in continuing professional development to learn new techniques and keep my skills to the highest level possible.
I am a fully registered member of the Register Of Soft Tissue Therapists Of Ireland (ROSTI) and Amatsu Therapy Association (A.T.A.). and Amatsu Association of Ireland (A.A.I.). I am also a Reiki Master and ITEC qualified in Holistic Massage.
Why use Amatsu Physiotherapy?
Donal McCarthy Amatsu Orthopath and Physiotherapy offers an expert, professional service through his understanding of how the main systems of the body work together to give you optimum health.
These main systems of the body can be divided into five categories:
The structures of your bones, muscles, and ligaments, etc.
Your nervous and energy systems.
Your hormones, digestive system, the food you eat.
Your thought processes, emotions, beliefs and values.
How, where and when you do what you do.
None of these work in isolation, so Amatsu Physiotherapy treats them together in order to restore health, function and balance providing you with the ability to get the most out of your body and mind
Follow the link to pay for your appointment online
Mon-Fri: 8am - 8pm
Rathmichael Clinic, Rathmichael Park, Shankill, Dublin D18 DK65
Let me know about your issues
I will get back to you as soon as possible!